Reflecting God Daily Devotionals is a digital publication of the WordAction Publishing Company.
Holiness Today is the denominational magazine for the Church of the Nazarene.
Wesleyan-Holiness Digital Library
Find articles, journals and other publications about Stewardship and tithing at the WHDL site.
Your gifts are vital to supporting your local church and Nazarene entities around the world as they work to make Christlike disciples in the nations. There are many ways to give.
1. Cash gifts in the form of a regular tithe, usually 10% of your income, are the lifeblood of your church. Your tithe pays your pastors’ salaries, provides you a place to worship, and funds the local church ministries you enjoy.
2. Required distributions from your IRA account can be given directly to your church. In addition to supporting your church’s ministry, these donations reduce your taxable income.
3. Appreciated assets like stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or real estate can provide your church with monthly income or a large lump sum for large projects.
4. In-kind gifts of services or goods your church needs.
5. Commodities such as farm crops, cattle, oil, silver, gold, mineral rights, and more can also be donated.
6. Matching gifts are available through many employers. Check with your HR representative.
Plan your final act of giving to your church
An estate gift can provide your church with needed funding for building repairs or ministries that go beyond the annual church budget.
1. Consider a bequest to your church in your estate plan.
2. Make the church a beneficiary of any asset you own, including your retirement or bank account, real estate, life insurance policy, and art or jewelry.
If you have questions about tithing or any of these giving opportunities, contact the Stewardship Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-544-8413.